Thursday, July 17, 2008

Really nice feedback

For those of you who missed this comment, I decided to post it here. Wow, good stuff:

Blogger Jim said...

Hello,

My complements to the curators of the "Seeing Pittsburgh" exhibit on a job very well done!

I was a guest of one of your exhibited photographers last evening. The exhibit was not only well done, it was also a fascinating look at how amateur and neophyte photographers (and non-photographers) view not just their neighborhoods, but how they see photographically. I found it to be a unique examination of the aesthetics of both the knowledgeable and the untrained photographer alike--very intriguing and enlightening!

I will definitely be back to view the exhibit in less crowded circumstances.

You may be interested to know that I have an entry concerning the exhibit on my blog. That post is here.

Some of what I wrote includes: "...That's what I found so interesting about the photographs in the exhibit. Although they were all exposed by amateur photographers (and some of them were given disposable cameras in order to participate!), there was a visual quality about the images that one does not often see: many of these images captured the essence of the scene or subject. That's why they were not merely snapshots by neophytes, some of whom do not even own a camera...it is my opinion that the exhibit is interesting and its photographs are captivating as well as intriguing; thus, it is a success and well worth your time to visit if you live anywhere near the southwestern Pennsylvania region. The curators did an excellent job not only selecting the images that would be exhibitied, and preparing and mounting the photographs for presentation, but also in designing, constructing, and arranging the displays in the exhibit space that complemented the visual interest of the photographs themselves..."

Jim Moore
Elizabeth, PA

July 10, 2008 5:03 PM

No comments: